The “Domestic Workers and C189: Power and Skills to Make it Real” workshop was held from 24 - 26 May 2019 in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania. The event, which was hosted by WIEGO and the IDWF, gathered representatives of all IDWF affiliates across Africa.
This workshop was a follow up to the Domestic Workers and C189: Making it Real workshop that was held in Nairobi, Kenya in June 2018.
The 'Domestic Workers and C189: Power and Skills to Make it Real' workshop sought to strengthen worker leaders' skills in negotiating with employers and with the government. Its aims were to help domestic leaders to:
- Share how they implemented learnings from the June 2018 Workshop
- Review the revised Toolkit: C189- Making it real
- Understand more about individual and collective negotiations in this sector
- Share experiences of individual and collective negotiations
- Understand the steps, processes and power relations involved in individual and collective negotiations
- Build skills to help them effectively negotiate with employers, government and others that affect the lives of domestic workers
Learn more about Domestic Workers and C189: Making it Real workshop