- Title: Introduction & Training Module 1: Understanding Gender and Employment Relations
- Resource Title: Introduction & Training Module 1: Understanding Gender and Employment Relations
This is the first in a series of seven training modules titled Developing Leadership and Business Skills for Informal Women Workers in Fair Trade.
This module focuses on the impact of gender roles on informal work, and has four main objectives:
- To create understanding and awareness of gender and gender roles and to make women’s paid and unpaid work visible.
- To create understanding and awareness of the informal economy and the challenges and risks facing informal women workers.
- To raise awareness and understanding of the need to do more to eliminate gender inequality.
- To raise awareness of the meaning of economic empowerment and how women may empower themselves to increase their incomes, reduce the risks they face, and improve their well-being.
Complete list of modules:
- Introduction & Training Module 1: Understanding Gender and Employment Relations
- Training Module 2: Understanding Women's Economic and Social Contribution to Effective Poverty Reduction
- Training Module 3: Promoting Democratic Participation and Accountability
- Training Module 4: Enhancing Financial and Business Management Skills
- Training Module 5: Understanding the Market
- Training Module 6: Quality Management Systems
- Training Module 7: Improving Innovation and Production Techniques