Carol Wills, Elaine Jones
- Title: Training Module 3: Promoting Democratic Participation and Accountability
- Resource Title: Training Module 3: Promoting Democratic Participation and Accountability
This module focuses on the democratic participation and accountability of organizations and cooperatives working with informal women workers in fair trade, and has four main objectives:
- To increase understanding of what it means to be a democratic and accountable membership-based organization.
- To create awareness and understanding between men and women about the importance of women participating in decision-making at all levels in their organizations and networks and how to strengthen women’s voice in the process.
- To encourage women to assume leadership positions in their groups and networks.
- To build capacity for increasing women’s visibility in networks and organizations.
Related Blog Posts
Visit the WIEGO Blog
Building Connections During the Pandemic: The Role of Community Action Groups in Addressing Hunger and Relief
Roshini Diwakar, Mahila Housing Sewa Trust