Delhi Diary highlights reflections, insights and field notes from the Focal City Delhi (FCD) team in their ongoing work with informal workers. We capture these on a regular basis in order to provide a dynamic picture of the ways in which informal workers in Delhi are consistently struggling, resisting and innovating against great odds.
Delhi Diary Archives
The views expressed in the Delhi Diary represent those of the authors.
- Celebration and Solidarity with Domestic Workers | Shalini Sinha
- Town Vending Committees—An Opportunity for Worker Participation | Avi Singh Majithia
- Definitions Matter: Who is a Street Vendor and What is a Street? | Avi Singh Majithia
- Master Plan of Delhi: Why do we need to engage with it? | March 7, 2019 | by Malavika Narayan
- Voices from the Margins: Waste Pickers and the Right to the City | March 1, 2019 | by Avi Singh Majithia
- Maternity Benefits: Seek to Bring Together, Not Divide | November 29, 2018 | by Avi Singh Majithia
- Street Vendors Movement in India: The Need to Build Capacity—Now | November 15, 2018 | by Shalini Sinha
- Celebrating Home-based Workers Day: Shining Light on the Invisible Workforce of Delhi | October 25, 2018 | Shalini Sinha
- Giving Voice to the Voiceless: How a Radio Programme Empowered Women Informal Workers | October 11, 2018 | Shalini Sinha
- Holistic Child Care: More than a dream | September 20, 2018 | by Avi Majithia
- Waste Samaritans: Revolutionizing waste digitally | August 31, 2018 | by Avi Majithia
- Umbrellas offer shelter in more ways than one | August 15, 2018 | by Avi Majithia
- Seeing Delhi's informal economy with fresh eyes | August 1, 2018 | by Shalini Sinha