Citation: Chen, Martha Alter, Chris Bonner, Mahendra Chetty, Lucia Fernandez, Karin Pape, Federico Parra, Arbind Singh, and Caroline Skinner. "Urban Informal Workers: Representative Voice & Economic Rights." Background Paper for 2013 World Development Report on Jobs. World Bank.
Background Paper for 2013 World Development Report on Jobs
For its 2013 World Development Report (WDR) on Jobs, the World Bank team commissioned WIEGO to produce a set of case studies with a synthesis report on representative voice and economic rights of informal workers.
This background paper includes annexes of case studies written by WIEGO Team members and partners (and are also briefly featured in the WDR 2013):
- Annex I: Constitutional Court Judgments for Waste Pickers in Bogotá, Colombia (Lucia Fernandez and Federico Parra, pp. 23-30)
- Annex II: Campaign for an International Convention on Decent Work for Domestic Workers (Chris Bonner and Karin Pape, pp. 31-38)
- Annex III: Self-Employed Women’s Association of India, including its role in helping to build and strengthen organizations of informal workers around the world (Marty Chen, pp. 39-49)
- Annex IV: Legal Cases for Street and Market Vendors in Durban, South Africa (Mahendra Chetty and Caroline Skinner, pp. 49-55)
- Annex V: National Policy and Law for Street Vendors in India (Arbind Singh, pp. 56-63)
Read more about the 2013 World Development Report on Jobs.