WIEGO’s 2012-13 Annual Report examines the ongoing work of this dynamic research-policy-action network as it marked its 15th year with renewed energy and a strategic vision for its future.
In this report, WIEGO:
- monitored the state of the informal economy in 10 cities
- supported workers’ networks & organizations in four sectors and multiple countries
- helped secure economic rights for informal women workers
- examined which laws help or hinder informal workers
- explored occupational health & safety risks and safeguards for informal workers
- expanded our Publication Series and communications strategy
- included informality in mainstream academic curricula
- helped to commemorate the first 40 years of the Self-Employed Women’s Association (SEWA) with members, activities, and partners in more than 70 countries.
View list of all WIEGO annual reports.
Related Blog Posts
Visit the WIEGO Blog