Remote position - Home-Based Location
Women in Informal Employment: Globalizing and Organizing (WIEGO) is a global network focused on securing livelihoods for the working poor, especially women, in the informal economy. We believe all workers should have equal economic opportunities and rights. WIEGO creates change by building capacity among informal worker organizations, expanding the knowledge base about the informal economy and influencing local, national and international policies.
We are currently looking for an experienced Business Travel Consultant with a sound working knowledge of reservations, fares and ticketing ideally gained within an airline/airport environment. The majority of WIEGO travel originates outside of the United Kingdom so you will need to use your extensive global/destination knowledge and expertise to book appropriate flight itineraries for both WIEGO Team and external consultants.
To be successful for this position you will need to have:
- Previous experience working as a Ticket/Reservations agent
- Experience dealing with high volumes of email requests and processing complex travel bookings and associated services
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside the box
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic, self-motivated and the ability to multi-task and work effectively from home are key
- High level of personal organization, time management and workload prioritization
- High level of accuracy and attention-to-detail
- Responsible for final booking checks before sending onto the traveller
- Good administrative and numerical skills
- Fluency in English is essential with Spanish and/or French desirable
- Competence using Microsoft Office, Zoom, G Suites etc
- Commitment to WIEGO's mission to empower women working in the informal economy
What we offer
This is a 4 day/week consultancy role and working hours are aligned with WIEGO´s TMC operating hours (09:00 – 17:30 GMT) although you don't need to be UK based. The position is home-based and successful candidates will need to have their own office and office equipment.
Salary is dependent on experience, location and the role profile as defined by WIEGO's Remuneration Policy– this will be discussed with the successful candidate.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and a cover letter explaining how you fulfil the above requirements. Please submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 8th July 2022.
WIEGO is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. All applicants are welcome.