Remote position - Home-Based Location
The purpose of this role is to provide ongoing administrative support to the coordination of WIEGO’s Focal Cities Initiative.
This is a part-time role requiring someone for 15 hours per week, preferably distributed across 4-5 days a week, up to 100 days max per year. Within that context, the hours are somewhat flexible and the person will work from home, with possibility for occasional in-person meetings in the future. Preference is for a candidate located in New York City.
Tasks will vary each week, but generally the Administrative Support Officer has the following responsibilities:
- Support with administration of contracts and invoices for projects across five countries.
- Suggest, set in place and maintain systems and processes to improve efficiency of work.
- Database management of Focal Cities-related documents and media in Google Drive.
- Support for development of regular Focal Cities newsletters, including content creation and copy-editing.
- Scanning and curating news and writings on political developments related to WIEGO’s work in five cities.
- Other content creation or editing tasks, as needed.
- Support to Focal Cities-related social media activity.
- Data entry, simple excel tabulations and document formatting, as needed.
- Desk research and fact-checking, as needed.
- Coordinate requests for translation with the WIEGO communications team, including quality-control checking translations as needed.
- Support with internal communication and information sharing, developing brief reports and written summaries as needed.
- Organize, confirm and follow-up travel arrangements as necessary.
- Capture, code and categorize receipts in order to complete and submit expense claims.
- Tech support, as needed: Google Suite (Drive, Documents, Sheets and Forms), WIEGO Intranet, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Provide support during meetings, including note-taking and tracking follow-up items.
- Email screening and some email replies (this role to evolve over time).
- Calendar management, including scheduling meetings, making and confirming appointments.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2-5 years of prior administrative or project management experience, ideally in an environment with a great deal of virtual and computer-based work.
- A strong level of computer fluency is required for this position, including MS Word, Excel, Google Suite (Drive, Calendar, etc), as well as Internet fundamentals and social media (Twitter).
- Good English language skills, including written ability. Proficiency in either Spanish or French.
- Proactive and problem-solving orientation, with good judgement and an optimistic disposition.
- Ability to assess existing systems for database management, information sharing and administration and make recommendations for streamlining and improving efficiency.
- Highly efficient, organized and self-motivated, with attention to detail.
- Interest and enthusiasm for working within a social justice movement.
This is a self-employed contract role. A timesheet and invoice will be submitted at the end of each month and paid by international wire transfer. Travel is generally not anticipated for this role at this time.
Compensation in WIEGO is based on a matrix that takes into account education level, work experience, cost of living and the role profile. This will be discussed with the successful candidate.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and reviewed upon receipt. Interviews will be scheduled immediately with shortlisted candidates. Therefore we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible as the advert will be removed once an appointment has been made.